Friday, June 12, 2015

Wplus9 Backgrounds & Borders Zig Clean Color Watercoloring

Hey folks!

Today I'm sharing some rainbow fun! We've had so much rain this last couple of weeks all I can think about are rainbows. I was starting to feel like a duck!

On rainy days, when I was a kid, I would hang out on the couch all day in my Strawberry Shortcake pajamas and color in my Transformer coloring books. This card made me think of that. Now I have a Mom Cave and I have a whole lot more to play with instead of Crayola's! That and I no longer where Strawberry Shortcake. Transformers are still the bomb though!

If you're interested in any of the products I've used, I will have thumbnail links for you at the end of the post!

I don't know how this happened, but I don't own a single full background stamp. Insert collective gasp here. What I do have is this fabulous stamp set by Wplus9! It's called Borders and Backgrounds 2. I took one of the stamps and stamped in on a piece of Ranger Watercolor Cardstock with Versamark and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder.

My plan was to color in random diamonds with my Zig Clean Color Real Brushes Pens, but once I started I couldn't help myself. I had to color it all in! Seriously, the more I use these, the more I love them. I wonder what my husband is going to think when my "spending freeze" is over and I buy more of them? Important life questions peeps.

I kept the sentiment pretty simple. I used two stamps from the Hand Lettered Hello Stamp Set by Wplus9 with Simon Says Stamp Slate Ink. The jury is still out for me on how I feel about the embellishments, but I'm a "stick to my guns" kinda girl so there you have it.

That's it! Pretty quick and simple. The upside to all of the rain (besides Mommy's color time) is our grass is super duper green. The downside (besides the duck issue) is it's really long! So time to go mow The Whitlow Jungle!

Until next time!

3 comments:

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!