Monday, June 1, 2015

Altenew Persian Motifs - Pretty Little Flowers Lattice Shaker Card

Hey folks!

Today I'm breezin through to share a card I made for a friend of mine. She's had a tough time of late and I felt like she needed a lil pick me up. 

If you're interested in any of the products I have used, I will have links for you at the end of the post!

I love everything I make. For real. Good or bad, I love it. My love for crafting has two sides. Even if it does turn out how I want, I love the journey I take or the experience I have while I'm creating and I love the giving of what I've made. This is one of those however, that I just LOVE!


So starting with the "Lattice" Panel, I cut a piece of Neenah White Cardstock with the largest and second largest Stitched Rectangle Dies from Lawn Fawn. Then I took another piece of Neenah and cut it into 1/4" strips. I stuck those to the back of the panel in a lattice pattern using strips of 1/4" Scor-tape around all four edges. After I trimmed the strips that were sticking out beyond the panel, I added another layer of Scor-tape and laid a piece of Graffix Acetate on top of that. I used the same Stitched Rectangle Dies on a piece of Fun Foam as I did the Lattice Panel, to make this into a shaker card.

I could think of a bazillion ways to use the Persian Motifs Stamp Set by Altenew. This is the second time I've used them. You can see the first one here. Since I'm on a self imposed spending freeze this month (geez), I had to go to my stash (gasp!) and see what I had in the way of flowers. If I'm being honest, it didn't really break my heart. I looove these flowers and it tickled me pink (er...red?) to use them again.

These were great to color in with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Usually, when you watercolor you choose a couple of shades in one color right? I didn't this time and was floored by how easy these are to blend out! So groovy. I stamped my images on Ranger-Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock with Versamark Ink and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. Then colored the Flowers in with #22 Carmine Red and the Leaves with #41 Light Green using a Zig Watercolor Brush. I fussy cut them out and although you can't see it in the picture, I used my Wink of Stella Pen on the lighter parts of the Flower. Done! The sequins I used for embellishment and inside the shakers are from Craft Medley.

That's it! Easy peasy.

Father's Day is not too far off...I better get crackin!

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, my favourite flower. Wonderful brilliant colouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is still one of my favorite cards I've done so far. :)

      Delete

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!