Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lawn Fawn Welcome Baby - Pay It Forward #2

Hey folks!

Today I'm sharing my second Pay It Forward card. My daughter and I delivered these (you can see the first one here) to their respective hospitals on Tuesday. I have to say peeps, this really was a fulfilling experience!

We have no idea what the reception from each of the patients were, but it's cool. The nurses we gave them to said they knew exactly who to give them to, so it was poifect! 

As usual, if you're interested in any of the products I have used I will have links at the bottom of the post! 


I'm seriously thinking I must make it my personal goal in life to own every Lawn Fawn Critter. Some people have Bucket Lists like going to Paris or visiting the Grand Canyon. Even eating an entire cheesecake in one sitting. Not me! I simply want Lawn Fawn Critters. I don't actually know anyone that has the Grand Canyon on their Bucket List, but you get the point.

I have agreed to a "spending freeze" with some of my peeps on the Stamping Enablers Facebook Page for the month of June, but Lawn Fawn is going to have oodles of new stuff launching next month! Stamps (more critters!), dies and inks? Yes please! You can check out the sneaks here. Yes, I'm aware the "spending freeze" and "enabler" do not belong in the same sentence...For those of you who have not agreed to such madness, I encourage you to go check it out and enjoy the launch!


These fabulous elements are from the Critters Down Under Stamp Set. Dar-ling. After I stamped them on Neenah White Cardstock with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink, I colored them in with Copic's. This is part of the fun for me. They are adorable in their own right, but I just LOVE to color them! It's like coloring for "adults"! 

I kept the rest of the card pretty simple. I used the smallest Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Border Die in the set on a piece of Neenah White Cardstock and mounted that on a card base of Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Cardstock as well as some Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock in Butter. I also took my Wink of Stella Pen and colored around the edges of the Stitched Scallop Panel. This tied in to the Kangaroo's ears. Done! Easy Peasy.


The plan was not to write in these cards. We had two thoughts on this: A) this kept them truly anonymous and B) it tied into the Pay It Forward gig and this way, if they wanted, they could use these cards to Pay It Forward to someone else. So, I made notes for each of the cards and put them inside of the envelopes. I use clear envelopes and the recipient has to turn the card to the back to open it and when they do, this note is what they'll see.


My daughter needed proof these were delivered and the nurse in the Maternity Wing was all over this, but she didn't want her picture taken, so this was what we came up with. We took flowers in with both cards too! I didn't get permission from the nurse at the other hospital to post her pic on the internet so this is all I get to show you. Which is too bad because she was so stinkin cute!

Well that's it peeps! This was great and we shall do it again. 

Until next time! 

1 comment:

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!