Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hero Arts Nature Challenge #3

This is the third entry for the Hero Arts Nature Challenge.

I'll have to split up the 3 entries into separate post or I can't link them back. You can see #1 here and #2 here.

Last, but not least. I have to admit, this ones kinda my fave...

Hero Arts "Thanks A Bunch" digital die cut (Silhouette Online Store (SIL)). For this, I welded the element to the dimensions of the card panel I wanted using the Silhouette Designer Edition software and then cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo 2 so it would all be one piece. I basically turned it into a border die. 
Hero Arts Back To School (HrA or AZ) for the apples.
Copic Markers (AZ) for the apples, blue background and strip, as well as the sentiments and strip. 
Ranger Distress Ink in Vintage Photo (AZ) for the panel.
Neenah 110lb. Cardstock for the panel with the apples and sentiment (AZ) and and AC Cardstock for the card base and panel (ASBS).

I currently own a total of 10 Copic Markers and 8 of those 10, were used on this card. I tried really hard to work with what I had. I was really tempted to go get a few more, but alas, I was a good girl and didn't. My resolve will not last much longer I tell ya!

So there you have it! I said in my last post that I've been making my own stencils a lot lately and I hope to show more of what I've made using them soon. Also, I can understand the need and the appeal for a steel die on occasion (can you say ADORABLE), but I'm loving the idea of being able to use my Silhouette Cameo 2 with names like Hero Arts. I've always loved their products, but up until now have mostly concentrated on 3D paper crafting. I exclusively use SVG Cuts files for that. Most of us who do those particular projects on a continual basis, don't branch out much to inks, stamps, dies, embossing powders, etc. I've come to the realization that card making can be just as gratifying as 3D paper crafting and I've found I'm doing more of this, but having more digital die cut options would be an AH-MAZING addition! Just sayin.

Until next time!

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!