Friday, May 25, 2018

Stamping & Copic Coloring with Avery Elle Butterflies

Hey folks!

In today's video I'm stamping a Copic coloring a scene. I'm using two of my favorite Avery Elle stamp sets!. I'm using the timeless Butterflies Stamp Set with the lovely Floral Bouquet Stamp Set with surprisingly very little masking.

I have used the Avery Elle BUTTERFLIES and FLORAL BOUQUET Stamps Sets in the past and I loooove them both! I think they're both darling, but what I especially love about them is the what they mean to me as a crafter.


Most folks would assume when they look at these images that they were designed by someone who's been doing art for years. Or by someone who went to an art school. Any art school. Nope. These were  illustrated by Caryn Davies for Avery Elle. Caryn has a blog called GLITTER ME SILLY and you should totally check her out folks. She's crazy talented and a self taught illustrator.

You can watch the video on how I made my cards HERE. You can also click on the thumbnail link below.


I hear all the time from folks that they can't color, could never color, no talent, etc. Not true. When I started coloring and card making I didn't have a clue. I had to learn. I'm still learning. I used to be a hair stylist. For real. Caryn has a degree is something so far removed from card making, I bet when you go to her blog and read her ABOUT ME page you'll be floored. It takes practice folks. Some more than others, but practice anyway. Practice, patience and perseverance.

This is why I love these stamps sets. I know what went in to making them. She set her mind to it and did it. I hope you do too.

For my card today, I decided to pull out my Copic SKETCHBOOK. I've had this for ages and I never use it. It's specifically designed to work with Copic Markers. It is a lighter weight which is why I rarely use it, but it's a fantastic paper. If you struggle with Copic blending this is a must for you!


 I used my MISTI Stamping Tool to stamp my panel, but you could totally use a stamp block. My inky stampy world revolves around my MISTI, but doable otherwise. I also used Altenew PERMANENT Black Ink because I love the crisp first impression I get with this ink.

The masking is super simple and I talk about that more in the VIDEO so be sure to check it out. I used a combination of Simon Says Stamp MASKING Paper, copy paper and FULL STICK Post It Notes for masking.

Lately I have been sharing quite a bit of Copic coloring then finishing off with colored pencils. This is pretty much where I started with that. I had filmed this a month or so ago and at the time when I was coloring these in, I just wasn't getting the depth and shadows I wanted so after some pondering I remembered that colored pencils can be a super useful tool for this.


This is one of those cards where a white gel pen comes in super handy. I needed my WHITE Uni-ball Signo Pen to add white to the stamen of the flowers since I had colored directly over the top of them. Once dry, I could go over the top with a YELLOW Sakura Glaze Pen.

I also added some Nuvo AQUA Shimmer to the highlights of the flowers and butterflies. Be sure to watch the VIDEO folks. I talk about all the details I add to today's card including the colored pencils.

That's it! Also there are a couple of Memorial Day Sales you may be intreseted in. Simon Says Stamp has 25% off RANGER Products. Use code: RANGER25. See website for details.


My personal fave ORGANIZEMORE is having a one day only sale. May 25th, 2018. 10% off everything! Now would be a great time to get your inky paws on the best organization in the industry!  Use Code: MEMORIAL18




Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!