Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit Shaker Card

Hey folks!

I'm still on a job site with my husband in North Dakota. It's hot, dirty and I fear I will be carried away by mosquitos at any moment. I haven't electrocuted myself however, so it could be worse. I think I'm going to call  today a win. Sheesh. 

So, I'm going to share with you yet another another card I made using the Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit. This has been a really fun kit. Never disappointed with Simon Says Stamp I tell ya! Oh and don't forget the Simon Says Stamp August 2015 Card Kit is out too! If you haven't gotten one, you should. For real. Also, you can never go wrong with the monthly subscription as well!

To begin with, I heat embossed the Sail Away Sentiment on a piece of Neenah White Cardstock with Versamark Ink and Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder. Then using the Cloud Stamps, I made 2 masks with Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper and masked off a section over the Sentiment. I also heat embossed the Waves with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder


Using a Ranger Ink Blending Tool, I covered the area with Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue Ink and Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy Ink at the bottom of Waves. I removed the Cloud Masks and used a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Die to cut it out. I also used two more dies out of the same set to make the Shaker Window, which I made to look like a port. Kinda? Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins and Martha Stewart Iridescent Stars fill the inside.

I cut down a piece of Authentique Seaside Pattern Paper and adhered on top of a piece of Simon Says Stamp Ivory Cardstock that I had die cut using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die.

For embellishments, I stamped the Boat from the stamp set in Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy Ink and fussy cut it out. To add a little pop of color, I colored in some of the stripes with a Red Copic Marker. The sentiment "With Me" was stamped in the same color of ink and die cut that with the smallest of the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Dies.

To finish it off, I used some of the May Arts Twine from the Kit and one of the Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2015 SOUVENIR Adornments. These are the coolest lil charms. I have a hard time bringing myself to use them. Seriously, I think hoarding them is definitely an option. So cute.

That's it peeps! I hope you enjoy!

Until next time!


Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!