Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Inktense and Simon Says Stamp Succulents

Hey folks!

I'm back today to share a really quick card.

This was super duper easy to put together and I just love the simplicity of it. Honestly, the hardest part was finding where I stashed my Intense Pencils!

If you're interested in any of the products I've used, I will have links for you at the end of the post!


A couple of months ago, The Mom Cave flooded. It was a mess! So, with little to do because all of my stuff was packed up, I amused myself with a lil shopping. Retail therapy is always a good thing right? Well, one of the things I bought was a set of Derwent Inktense Pencils. I "put" them away  and then in the hoorah of getting my room finished and put back together, I totally forgot about them. Shame on me! Yesterday I was going through a some of my 12x12 cardstock containers and what do I find? The pencils. Seems like a perfectly reasonable place to store pencils to me.

Anyway the lost was found and I was super excited to give them a go and I thought the Cups and Succulents Stamp Set from Simon Says Stamp was a great start! So I lined them up on a piece of Ranger Distress Watercolor Cardstock in my MISTI Stamping Tool, stamped them with Hero Arts Black Ink and just simply colored them in. I used a Zig Medium Watercolor Brush  (my fave) to add just a little bit of water so the color would blend out and called it good. As always, I added some Clear Wink of Stella for a tiny amount of shimmer.

Before I mounted the panel on a Neenah White Cardstock base, I tied some American Crafts Black Hemp Twine around it and tied it in a bow. I added a rhinestone, but decided no to add any other embellishments.

That's it! Easy peasy. I think maybe I should go through my craft room more often. I have to wonder if I have anything else stowed away in there I've forgotten about. Kind of like going on a treasure hunt!

Until next time!


Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!