Monday, June 8, 2015

Ranger-Tim Holtz Paint and Mama Elephant Shooting Star

Hey folks! 

Today I'm sharing something new for me. 

I recently decided to check out some Ranger-Tim Holtz Distress Paints. I love their inks so much and I love paint, so I thought I'd give these a go. 

Nothing speaks to my inner 5 year old like paint. Well maybe glitter...but I really love liquid paint. I make a spectacular mess every time, but it is so much fun! For real peeps, I should probably where a plastic bib, because I am a maniac with paint. I don't know why, but it's a great ride, so it's cool!

So that brings us to my card for today.

If you're interested in any of the products I've used, I will have thumbnail links for you at the end of the post!


Awhile back, I bought the Shooting Star Stamp Set by Mama Elephant, and I've gotta say, what a lovely set it is. I have the Little Girl Stamp on my "someday" list, but in the meantime this sentiment came in handy dandy. I simply stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and Ranger Silver Embossing Powder on a piece of Simon Says Stamp Black Cardstock and I mounted that on a piece of Wildberry Pie Bazzill Cardstock.

The 2 colors of Ranger-Tim Holtz Distress Paint I used were Broken China and Black Soot. I experimented with a lot of things, but what I actually ended up doing was applying it straight from the bottle and then I blended them out with a damp paper towels. I really just kept layering them until I got what I wanted. Well, I kinda got what I wanted. The picture I had in my head is not what I ended up with, but I decided I like it, so I called it a day. Just like Distress Inks, drying in between layers works the best to get that paint to really build up. After I let it dry for the last time, I used Ranger-Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire and a Blending Tool to add some depth and interest to the Broken China.

I also splattered some Ranger Perfect Pearl in Perfect Pearl (mixed with water) and some Ranger-Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Picket Fence that I had watered down for a "starry" look. I also added some Martha Stewart Iridescent Stars.

That's it! Easy peasy and loads of fun!

Until next time!

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!