Sunday, March 29, 2015

March Birthdays!

Hi folks! 

I have a couple of cards I'd like to share today. I'm trying to be better about getting birthday cards out to peeps before their actual birthday. Well, not only did I manage to do so this month (WOOT), but I even managed to make a couple of "just because" cards too! One of which I wanted to show you. I had a blast making these. I'm really really enjoying trying out different things!

Also, all links for products I've used are listed at the bottom of the post. While I'm trying to be more efficient in how I link products for each post, I'm still struggling with actually getting a single post done in a timely manner. As usual I wait until I have several projects to share then I end up with these long posts. I apologize, but please hang in there with me!

So any who...

The first one I'm sharing with you today, I made for my mother-in-law. I've mentioned that I've been making a lot of stencils lately using my Cameo 2, digital cut files from the Silhouette Online Store and acetate. This is one of the stencils I made. 

This is the Reverse Flower Silhouette by Hero Arts. On a piece of Ranger Watercolor Paper, before I tacked the stencil down to the paper using Krylon Easy Tack Repositionable Adhesive, I used Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Ink and a mini blending tool to cover the panel in Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo. The tag is from the Bicycle Built For Two SVG Collection from SVG Cuts and the sentiment is from the Jen Hadfield Cottage Living Stamp Set using Hero Arts Black Dye Ink. 
For the Reverse Flower Silhouette, I mixed a tiny amount of Ranger Perfect Pearl Powder with Ranger Texture Paste and applied it over there stencil. This stuff drys pretty fast and the more you work with it the faster it wants to dry. I purposely overworked the paste, because I left the Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Ink slightly wet on the panel and I wanted the Texture Paste to pick up some of it so it would show through the paste. 
I'm over the moon for the next 2 cards. For starters, I love anything that's over the top and blingy and also I made them for two of my very special peeps. The first, I did for my bestest friend in the whole wide world (yes, I'm a grown woman I used the word bestest). She's loud, in your face, almost completely crazy and has the biggest heart EVER! I just love her to pieces. She is the purple, cheetah print with glitter to my hot pink, zebra print with glitter. For real. The second we met I knew we would be friends for the rest of out lives. It helps that we share the same birthday! So, this is her card. The second card is for another very dear friend. We became friends way back in the day when "pen pals" were a thing. We've actually never met in person, because she lives in Pennsylvania and I live in Montana, but we have kept in contact for about 22 years. Her oldest son is 2 months older than my oldest daughter. For both, I used the same techniques and sentiments on the front because, A) they are BOTH fabulous to me and B) I knew they would both like them their own way. Also, the sentiments on the inside are different.
For M's card, I used Krylon Easy Tack Repositionable Adhesive to apply the stencil I made with the Cheetah Background by Loni Harris from the Silhouette Online Store. I used Hero Arts Black Dye Ink for the spots, and after removing the stencil I used Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves on a Ranger Watercolor Paper panel. I then lightly misted it with water and Ranger Perfect Pearl in Forever Violet. I stamped the acetate panel with Stazon Gold Ink with the Technique Tuesday Stamp Say-It-2 Fabulous Stamp Set. The sequins for are from Mulitcraft Imports. The "Fabulous" element come with the TT SI2 Fabulous Stamp Set, but I also downloaded a SVG file through the Technique Tuesday website and cut it out with my Silhouette Cameo 2. I covered the word in Ranger Glossy Accents and then covered it in Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Glitter in Black Soot. 
Almost everything for T's card is the same except, I used Ranger -Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade. I think these are my favorite colors together! The stencil is the Zebra Stencil from Hero Arts. I also (which you can't see, but I'll tell you anyway) lightly misted the panel with Ranger Perfect Pearl in Perfect Pearl.

I wanted to show this, because what I really like about being able to cut this with my Cameo is I could cut out several and then layer them. It really makes it pop off the card. Also, it's fun. :)
Lat, but not least, 'm sharing the card I made for my cousin. Her birthday is the day before mine and M's. I've never actually done anything for her for her birthday. Ever. I thought this would be a good time to start!
Since I can't seem to get enough of Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Inks, it shouldn't be much of a shocker if I told you I used some on this card. The blues are Faded Jeans and Broken China. The yellow and orange is Wild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade and the greens are Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint. I applied all of them using a Zig Watercolor Brush. Before that however, I stamped the Altenew Persian Motif flowers using Versamark Clear Pigment Ink and Ranger Embossing Powder in Clear on Ranger Watercolor Paper. The Hero Arts Birthday Stamp is stamped on Neenah 110# cardstock with Hero Arts Black Dy Ink. The rhinestones are from my stash that I've had for a gazillion years and I have no idea what brand they are. Also, I can't find a link to that particular Hero Arts stamp, but I did find one that is the same sentiment and would work just as well, but laid out differently. You can find that link in the supply list below.


So that's it! I have more to share, and I hope to get that done in the next day or so. the weather is warming up so I have some yard work calling my name though. Until next time!



2 comments:

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!