Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hey there!

I know that St. Patty's Day was yesterday, but I wanted to share what I made with you all anyway.

It's a pretty straightforward project and I didn't do anything spectacular with it, but honestly it's so awesome all by itself, who cares!

The latest kit (see pic below) from SVG Cuts is the Feeling Lucky SVG Kit. There are so many great things about this kit and I know a lot of people are all over that Beer Stein. I've been eyeballing that Shamrock Box though. I didn't know if I was going to have the time to make it, but decided at the last minute (as in yesterday) that it must be done! Don't forget even though the holiday is past, it 's always worth adding this kit to your stash. Also, it's still free with a minimum purchase of $9.98!

So here it is...
SVG Cuts Feeling Lucky SVG Kit
I can see where a person could do a lot with this, but what I like most about this file is, you don't have to and it's still fabulous!
Ok, so here is the list of supplies and SVG Cuts elements for this project...

Files and elements:
Shamrock Box
Horseshoe (Extras Folder)
Celtic Knots and Clover SVG Collection -
niall_simple_bottom
*I used this to stamp the sentiment and clover on.

Paper:
Dandelion 71037
Sunflower 71038
Pine 71057
Shamrock 71059
Evergreen 71056
Cabbage 71565

Stamps and Ink:
Hero Arts Stamps -
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
*For the life of me I can't find a link to this anywhere, but I got it at my local Joann's.
* I also go this at Joann's, but this time I could find a specific link for you. :)

Hero Arts Ink - 

Embossing:
Recollections Tinsel Embossing Powder - Gold
*Not my first choice, but the Ranger Gold Embossing Powder I was going to use met an untimely death 20 minutes after I got it. Bummer. This worked fine though!

Digital Die Cutting Machine:

A note about the little shamrock on top of the twine: One of the great things about Hero Arts is you can find a lot of their cut files in the Silhouette Online Store. I have been making quite a few of my own stencils lately using some clear acetate and my Silhouette Cameo 2. I had made a shamrock stencil using this Hero Arts file. Obviously when using a stencil, you use the negative space, but I couldn't bring myself to throw away the "positive" shapes. So I took one and colored it using one of my only 2 green Copic markers and then covered it in Glossy Accents. I thought it was kinda groovy and it was a little thing, but a lot of fun to do. 

I'm hoping to get another post done today. This one will feature a couple of cards I made featuring primarily Hero Arts products, because I'm entering them in the Hero Arts Nature Challenge

Oh! I haven't had a chance to use much of it yet, but if your interested, the March 2015 Noel Mignon kit is called Shine Bright and it is FABULOUS! Be sure to take a look at what's in it! The April kit will be called "Hello Darling" and from what I can see in the sneak peaks on Facebook, it will be just as groovy as the rest. Those will be available March 25th at www.noelmignon.com.

Until next time!

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!