Saturday, February 15, 2014

Guitar Box & Love Bus

So it's the day after V-Day and I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. I sure did. It was pretty basic, but I'm totally cool with that. I got from flowers from him and he got a hockey game. Romantic right?  Seriously though, it was nice.

I  also really enjoyed seeing what everyone had done for their crafty Valentine projects. Lots of creativity floating around out there! I didn't get to do as much as I would have liked to, but that's ok. There's always next year! Besides I think it's definitely time to move on to another holiday and also just because projects. Those are my favorites anyway!


This is a box I made for my Honey for V-Day. He loves to play, and he's REALLY hard to shop for. What do you get the guy who can get himself whatever he wants? Right. You make him a box! The box is from the Vintage Valentine SVG kit at SVG Cuts. It seemed a daunting task when I started it. There's some tricky curves for sure, but it was pretty easy actually. The letters are just a standard font from my Silhouette program. The design behind our initials is from the Romantic Flourish SVG kit. I needed something kind of edgy, but I also wanted to have the whole love thing going for it.  He liked it! 

What do you do when you've got two ideas in your head, and you really like both versions, but you can't decide which one to do? You make both! Well I do anyway. 

I was browsing through SVG Cuts Facebook page checking out what everyone had made for the Day O' Love and I felt inspired to do something different. I had made a couple of things that others had made as well (I'll do a separate post on those), but I was coming to the end of my need to create Valentine flavored anything so I thought I'd look for something out of the norm. Ha! I really have no idea what normal is!

I have been eyeballing this kit ever since I got it a couple of months ago. It's the Surf Shack SVG kit. I love the summer feel it has, but that's never really what I wanted to do with it. I thought Valentine themed would be pretty rockin. It's different! However, I couldn't decide which stack to use.  I had two stacks. One was by Recollections (I can't find a link for it) that I picked up at Michaels. And the other I had ordered from Amazon. It's by We R Memory Keepers (same one I used for my Love Train) and it's called Crazy For You. I could see blue and cream and pink and purple in my head. I loved the idea of both. So I did both.

It goes without saying, this is the blue Love Bus. I used the Recollections stack for all the printed panels. 
And obviously this is the purple Love Bus. I used the Crazy For You stack. 
The LOVE LETTERS element on the sides of the busses are from SVG Cuts (big surprise right?) It's a freebie too! I don't remember what kit I got the hearts from. Maybe Romantic Flourishes (see guitar box)? 
The ROSE element is also a freebie from SVG Cuts. Love freebies!
It's kinda hard to see, but the license plates on the back say LVBUS1 and LVBUS2.


 I kept them pretty simple. I don't want to do too much with them partly because I was making two of them and also because they didn't need a whole lot I thought.

I have no idea what I'm gonna do with Bus 1 and Bus 2, but it's ok.

I wonder what my Honey would say if I told him I think we need a bigger house for all my crafty creations....?

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!