Sunday, June 21, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Father's Day & Ranger-Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Hey folks!

Happy Father's Day to all of the Daddy-O's out there!

I'm here today to share my contribution to Dad's Day. I'm so very blessed to say that I've got some pretty amazing Dad's in my life. Especially my Dad and my husband, but I'm biased.

I gotta be honest, I'm on the fence on this one. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. It was however, super duper easy to make. 

If you're interested in any of the products I've used, I will have thumbnail links for you at the end of the post!


I used the Sizzix - Tim Holtz Bricked Embossing Folder that I covered in Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot on a piece of Simon Says Stamp Cardstock in Slate. I made a fantastic mess, (I make a lot of those), but I really loved the results of this technique. After I tore the piece at an angle, I used a Ranger Ink Blending Tool with more Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot around the edges and lightly over the top, to make it just a lil more grungy (?) looking. The Black Panel on the Card Base was embossed with the same folder.

For a little bit of color, I tore a couple of strips of Bazzill Pomegranate Splash Cardstock and inked the edges of those as well then used my ATG Tape Runner to adhere those to the back of the Slate piece. 

The sentiment is from the Father's Day Stamp Set by Simon Says Stamp.  I heat embossed the sentiment on a piece of Simon Says Cardstock in Black with Ranger Silver Embossing Powder and then I went over it with some sandpaper to give it more of a worn look. What a fantabulous set! I made several of these cards and there were enough sentiments in the set, I could use something different on almost al of them. Definitely a great stamp set for the stash!

That's it! Easy peasy, even if I'm not in love. My husband and my Dad said they love them, so I'll call it a win!

Until next time!


Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!